Others exams - European Patent Attorney
EUROPEAN PATENT ATTORNEY
To obtain the title of EUROPEAN PATENT ATTORNEY
, it is necessary to pass a the European Qualification Exam (EQE)
which is used to assess the aptitudes of candidates to represent applicants in procedures before the European Patent Office.
However, prior to registering for the EQE, it is now obligatory for the candidates to register their professional activity.
Who should register and until when?
All candidates who, in accordance with article 11(2) REE
- have begun a traineeship under the supervision of an authorised attorney, or
- represent their employer before the EPO, or
- exercise the function of an examiner at the EPO
- intend to register for the EQE for the first time, or
- have registered for the EQE in the past but were not admitted must now register.
Candidates are therefore expected to register rapidly after beginning their pertinent professional activity.
For more information on registering, click here
For more information on registering for the EQE, click here
For more information on the EQE in general, click here